Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Backing up my nokia e75 before reset?

I have a nokia E75. I believe the symbian s60 operating system, if that's relevant.



Recently i've been have a lot of problems with the phone. It would freeze up quite often and removing hte battery did help. WHen i turned the phone back on, it would just go back to being frozen. (I think it was a problem with the alarms conflicting with the start up software) Finally, after 5 hours of aggravation, I've got it working again temporarily. I hope to do a factory reset.



questions:

1. will a soft rest be fine? or a hard reset? difference?

2. i need to back up my contacts, which i've put into my sim card. is that safe?

3. is there anything I can do to backup my messages and calender?Backing up my nokia e75 before reset?
1. Do a hard reset, completely wipes handset back to scratch and will run a lot cleaner.

To hard reset, dial *#7370# and when prompted for password type 12345



2. Your SIM is a safe way to back up contacts.



3. Use Nokia PC Suite and do a complete backup. This will save ALL data on the handset. After the reset, do a simply restore and this will bring all the data back.

No comments:

Post a Comment