Saturday, March 3, 2012

HTC syncing contacts with facebook etc... don't really know what I'm doing?

Got a replacement HTC sensation today as smashed screen on other one.



I've managed to restore some contacts from sim/sd card/orange contacts backup, and these are now in my "people" list.



trying to sync with facebook, gone onto facebook app and select "sync info with existing contacts" (as i dont want all facebook friends info added to phone contacts) but it wont sync eg add pictures and things. Occasionally get notifications saying "one contact matched" but facebook photos still dont come up.



also, i have a few contacts that weren't backed up, but i do have messages from them on my backed up sms messages. when i try to add these contacts, the option for "add to contacts" isnt there, because i am already friends with them on facebook! but i want their contact on my phone!! please help, I don't really understand the whole syncing between facebook - google mail - exchange activesync (don't even know what this is...)



not sure what I'm doing wrong, seemed ok on my other sensation!!



HELP MEEEE!!!HTC syncing contacts with facebook etc... don't really know what I'm doing?
When you open a contact there should be a green bar on the right top corner that says 'x link(s)'. For example 1 link, if you click on it, you'll see their facebook data, and you'll be able to link it to their number.



You can also try adding them as a new contact, and then linking them.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment