Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Is my Motorola Cliq fixable?

When I turn it on (with SIM card) it displays just a black screen and the top notifications bar (the one displaying 3g, my signal and battery level). None of the buttons do anything. If I turn it on without the SIM card in it it displays "No SIM card" and the wrong time over the default wallpaper. From here, all I'm able to do is make emergency calls. When I insert the SIM nothing happens.



It was previously rooted and I have the monthly 4G plan with T-Mobile. I downloaded and installed an app from 4shared called "System Tuner Pro" thinking it was a guitar tuner. From that app it allowed me to view my phones memory usage and uninstall apps, so I removed the apps I didn't use. Once I left the apps my phone's dialer, contacts, calendar and text messaging apps no longer works. I assumed it was because I uninstalled a system app: "MotoBlur." I went back into system tuner to restore the backup but I just got a "Restore Failed, Requires root" message. I went through the settings and the "Restore to Factory Default" was missing. I then performed a hard reset (Power+Camera, Vol-Down, Alt+L, Alt+W) and then rebooted the phone.



Is my phone bricked forever? Does anyone have any other ideas to try?Is my Motorola Cliq fixable?
I had a motorola cliq now i have a motorola cliq 2.

Motorola has many problems I recommend trading it in for the motorola cliq 2

No comments:

Post a Comment