Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How do you transfer contacts from an AT&T phone to My Computer?

Recently my mother had broken her phone by dropping it in water somewhere, and lost all the 'phone' data (including her contacts). She had a some contacts saved in her SIM card, which she was able to retrieve and transfer them to her NEW phone @ AT%26amp;T.



She says that she doesn't want to lose all her data again, and wants me to find a way to save them to my computer as a backup, just in case something like this happens again.



Now being semi-experienced with AT%26amp;T phones, I think all I have to do is buy a USB cable for my mothers phone, plug it into my computer and copy the .pbb file (contacts) from her phone and onto my computer and for her photos vice versa. And update it weekly.



Has anyone tried this before? I'm not too worried about the photos, more for the contacts: so, Has anyone transfered their contacts from their phone to their computer with the USB?

(So we don't waste money on a USB)



If so, can you tell me where to locate the .pbb file?

(So I don't have to look through the phone's memory for an hour)How do you transfer contacts from an AT%26amp;T phone to My Computer?
I'm not sure if you can do it via USB to be honest. But I backed my contacts up to the internet, rather than on to my computer, because my laptop is about as reliable as my phone at times!



If you look at www.movemycontacts.com you can keep a back up of all your contacts on their server (and move them to a phone if you need to).

No comments:

Post a Comment