Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No service on iphone after restoring?

ok so my mum upgraded her iphone 3gs to an iphone 4s but shes gave it to me and ive given her my iphone 4. Shes getting my iphone 4 and the new sim card and im getting the Iphone 4s with my old sim card. So i put my old simcard into the new iphone 4s and made it start up as backup rom itunes so i plugged it in like it asked and updated the software and sync it and it wouldnt work so i went back and set it up as a new iphone but wen i got into my menu everything from my old phone was there with my old number so thats fine.



But the problem is my mums phone. After taking out my sim card from my old phone and putting the new sim card in, all of my stuff was still on it like contacts, photos, apps etc so i dodnt really know what to do so i took the sim card out, plugged old iphone into laptop and restored to factory settings then i put the sim card back in. But! there NO SERVICE! and theres no phone number and she cant text or phone anyone and i cant text or phone her either because we dont know her number! usually wen you go to contacts it says my number: but theres nothing :(



I NEED HELP!



thanksNo service on iphone after restoring?
ok i understand your may be both be own same network?put your mums original sim card in her new phone(not yours),get your mum to connect it to her computer and sync it all with her itunes account,then do the same with yours.

Before you do connect your phone ,check for updates,then connect it to itunes ,then check again for updates,get your mum to do the same,making sure both computers are authorised to use each phone.

Also try full reset on both phones,do this before you connect either phones.

Delete all contacts from your mums phone ,but back them all up first ,you can get your mum to contact her network to get her number of check the paperwork which came with her phone an see if her number is on that.

Try cleaning both sim cards carefully and insert ,try do full reset for both phones,do this before connecting any to the computers,i hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment