Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do I have a chance of saving my water damaged cellphone?

I was walking home from soccer practice today and it started to rain very badly, I had my cell phone in a bag underneath some stuff but it still got wet. I took out the battery and the SIM card and I tried everything. I called at%26amp;t customer service because that is the cellphone provider that I have. they said that theres a tiny little square near where the battery in my phone gets placed at. she said that if its red or pink that there is water damaged, I checked and its red. so that means my phone is water damaged. is there a way to save my cellphone. I can't go out and buy another one. well I could I got the money but my dad won't do anything. I really need a phone to get to soccer practice, that way I can call my dad and let him know I got to school safely since I live kinda far from the school. he said that hes going to let me use his phone but I don't want to do that. is there any way I can save my phone. I don't feel like there is. I have a backup phone but its prepaid and I text a lot so a prepaid phone wouldn't work for me. I want to get another phone with at%26amp;t, the problem is that my dads car is not running and I have no other form of transportation except taking the bus because my mom lives in a different town and she can't help me. my mom is concerned that I don't have a cell phone, she wants me to have a cellphone in case something bad happens, my dad is not taking this seriously, I really need my own phone, because if something happens to his phone when I borrow it, he would get mad and there would be no other form of communication.Do I have a chance of saving my water damaged cellphone?
It is very very unlikely that a phone will work if considerable water enters the mobile device. If your mobile is on warranty, you cant claim since water on mobile is VOID as per the law of gurantee or warantty. You can see a litmus test like paper (usually reddish). So, It is easily identifyable if water has entered the phone.



just remove the phone and keep it dried for few days (let it dry completely based on the level of water that got into the phone). After few days, try inserting the battery and start the phone. If it works, it is ur luck. Else throw in the bin. and look out for another phone.Do I have a chance of saving my water damaged cellphone?
open up the back of ur cell phone.(where the batterie is stored)look for a peace of white tape with lines of difrent colers. if it looks like its been wet. then you cant do any thing about ur cell phone.if it looks like it dident get wet then u may have a chance.Do I have a chance of saving my water damaged cellphone?
take out the battery and put the battery and the phone in a container of rice! it works, the rice absorbs all the water. leave it in rice for a day or two and check if itll work. Hope i helped :)

rice will work fine. put it in the rice and try it for the hell of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment