Friday, March 9, 2012

Why can't my Sims talk to each other? :(?

I have a pretty annoying glitch in my Sims 3 game which means the people cannot interact with each other. There are only a couple of options, such as 'call over' and 'mean....scare' They'll do the scare interaction, but the first time it happened after loading the game up my sim was on a date, and had the option to say goodbye. So because he couldn't really do anything and it would be a rubbish date, I told him to say goodbye, and he walked up but then froze and jumped several feet away from her. This happened each time I tried.



So this really irritating glitch is hindering gameplay quite a lot!! I've googled this and though I haven't found a solution, nearly all the people who have had this happen have just had a Sim return from China. My Sim did indeed just come back from a China vacation. I don't know if this is some custom content I have, or a mod, but I don't think so as they've never acted up before.



The file with that family in is called [familyname].sims3.bad so there might be something wrong with it. I've gone through the process of moving to the backup file, and it didn't help.



On a side note, the game is suddenly a bit slow and jerky, and the computer it's installed on has a really high graphics card so it must be something else. Not sure if this is part of the glitch or not.

Please help me! :'(Why can't my Sims talk to each other? :(?
That's strange, I've had glitches after coming back from China too.

The only thing I can think of if maybe if you use that resetsim code

[testingcheatsenabled true

resetsim [firstname] [lastname]].



Grr glitches.



Do you have the Generations expansion pack? Because the same is happening with my computer, it's pretty new and the Sims worked great on it, but once I installed Generations it's been a bit slow when I try to play the Sims.



(Might just be time to create a new family to play =l )Why can't my Sims talk to each other? :(?
maybe there wanting to give eachother the silent treatment?
  • catalytic converter
  • Cadillac
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment