Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Broken LG Rumor not under warranty - is it worth calling LG's complaint line?

My warranty JUST ran out about a month and a half ago.



About a month ago, my LG Rumor started acting up, and now it barely even works. The ribbon cord or whatever, the one that hooks the screen to the keyboard, is damaged. Whenever I open or close the phone, the screen fuzzes out, then I have to turn it off, and turn it back on. I do this about 10-20 times a day, and it drives me NUTS.



I've heard of people not under warranty calling up and complaining to LG, and getting a refurbished or a new phone sent to them, or sending in their own phone and getting it fixed, free of charge. I'm hoping for a new phone for Christmas but I'm afraid that my phone won't last to the end of the month... We DO have a backup phone but it would involve going all the way out to the Sprint store, buying a SIM card, getting everything switched over, only to have to do it again at Christmas.



So, do you think it's worth calling and giving it a shot, trying to get a new phone? Has anyone here had success with this? Is it all automated, or what?



Thanks,

ErinBroken LG Rumor not under warranty - is it worth calling LG's complaint line?
Personally, I suggest giving it a try with LG. If you don't insurance with your carrier and your phone is of no use as a phone, what do you have to lose?



http://www.lge.com/uk/support/repair/sup鈥?/a>



http://www.lge.com/us/mobile-phones/mobi鈥?/a>



(main site page)

http://www.lge.com/us/mobile-phones/inde鈥?/a>Broken LG Rumor not under warranty - is it worth calling LG's complaint line?
throw the trash away get a new phone

it is not worth calling them

No comments:

Post a Comment